Thursday 5 August 2010

Noura painting






I was commissioned to create a portrait painting of a beautiful horse called Noura running along a beach using some photographs as reference. I spent a great deal of time sketching the horse trying to get the proportions correct and capture the character and look of Noura.

At first I found it quite difficult getting everything to scale but after a while I was starting to like the drawings I produced. I then moved onto the canvas, deciding to do this on a larger scale than I'd done before. Firstly I felt the image needed to be large to capture the horse with enough detail and also to give the background beach room. Secondly I was keen to try working on a larger scale to see what I could accomplish.

This is my favorite piece of work to do date, I'm very pleased with the look of the piece and managing to to capture the horse in a believable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment