Monday 19 September 2011

Goldeneye Sketches





I've been doing a lot of work on the computer lately so I felt like it was time I got my sketchbook and pencil back out.

I've always been a fan of hand painted movie posters, particularly those by artists such as Drew Struzan, Robert Mcguinness and Richard Amsel. They created some of the greatest movie posters ever. Unfortunately the hand painted poster is a lost art with companies always using photoshop to advertise modern movies.

The James Bond films started out using amazing hand painted posters but moved onto digital photography for the later films.

I'm trying to recreate the classic poster look for one of my favorite Bond film's, Goldeneye. Above are some of my preliminary sketches where I'm looking at all the elements I want to use in the final image.

Just as a side note, these sketches were the last pages of this particular sketchbook. It only took me a year to fill it up! Maybe I'll go back to an A3 size for my next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment