Sunday 16 September 2012

Doctor Who

Finally got around to starting this piece. I'm a big Doctor Who fan and I've been wanting to create some poster art for some of my favorite episodes for a long time. With the new season in full swing now I've been inspired to pick up this idea and get to work on it.

The first episode I've chosen to do is possibly my fave Who episode ever, entitled 'Girl in the Fireplace'. I actually grabbed all my reference screenshots a while back and they've just been left sitting in a folder. I've started with a portrait of the Doctor. Originally I was going to use a completely different pose but this one really stood out to me today. The above image is just a sketch working out the colours and areas of shadow. The sketchy style reminds me of some 1950's poster art. I'll come back to this when I get time either in the week or next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment