Sunday 11 November 2012

Girl In The Fireplace Poster

Here is my poster for my fave episode of Doctor Who, The Girl In The Fireplace. Spent a while today working on the portrait's of both the Doctor and Renette so they would match the quality of the android. I decided I would keep pushing to get this finished and add the other elements. I cheated a little bit with the fireplace. My original version just looked shit. I also realised I should make more of a feature of the clock  that sits on the fireplace. I created a new larger element for the cracked clock face which is also an important plot point in the episode. It makes for a great center piece as anything circular usually does. Once I had that positioned it was much easier for me to place everything else. The poster could still do with some tidying up. I'm not sure what to do with the bottom edge of the portraits. They look very rough in their current form. Maybe I'll stick a soft opacity gradient on it and be done with it. I'd love to add a title and find a nice font too but for now I just want to share the image as it is. Think I'll go watch an episode of Doctor Who now...

No comments:

Post a Comment