Sunday 10 March 2013

The Doctor's Wife Poster

I was only expecting to have another sketchy drawing to show today but instead of come up with this rather dramatic picture.The above image started as my drawing of Idris but then exploded into what you see above. Once I'd finished drawing Idris I started playing around with the glowing aura which started bringing the image to life. Suddenly I found myself adding more elements and experimenting with the background swirls, adding the tardis, darkening areas, and erasing elements until I found I had created something which could easily be used as a final image. A lot of the above was in my concept but I still have ideas to bring in other elements and I do want the Doctor's face included. Really pleased with how this came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment