Today I have been working on texturing some of the front details of the car. I have really tried to push my knowledge and spent a great deal of time learning about creating good glass effects and utilizing normal maps to create fine detail without the extra polygons.
After a large amount of experimentation and frustrating failures I have started to get my head around using these techniques to achieve some great results. I'm really pleased with the progress I am making, both with this model and my general technical ability.
Next on the to do list:
- Texture the remaining lights on the front and back of the car
- Re-texture the main grill to bring it up to a higher standard
- Model in some basic seats to give some shape and silhouette inside the car
- Add detail areas such as the front badges and license plates
- Model the exhaust
- Begin building dirt track road and forest environment