Thursday 12 April 2012

Building A Graveyard

Today I finished texturing the gravestones and started building my graveyard. It's tricky trying to create a unique looking area using limited pieces. You can see from the pic that it's looking alright so far. The stones still need some moving to create tilts and leans that would appear over long periods of time. I was hoping the grass tile would look less like a tile and more natural once the stones were in place but unfortunately it still has a flat repetitive feel. I'm not sure there is anything I can do to overcome that. Creating a unique texture for the entire area would be costly requiring a huge image and file size to generate enough detail. I'm also concerned the polygon count is going to be huge for this scene once all the gravestones are setup. I've still got trees and an outer fence to add. My poor PC will struggle when it comes to rendering the final video I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment